Best Wireless Doorbell Guide
Best Wireless Doorbell Guide
Wireless doorbells are the easiest types of doorbells to set-up. You can probably have one installed faster than it took to buy the doorbell.
A little bit about wireless doorbells.
Wireless doorbells are a simple diy alternative to running hard wires throughout your house, or even cutting ugly holes in the walls. This is the magic of wireless technology, its like a wire running through walls, but with no hole cutting required.
Wireless doorbells are simply doorbell technology catching up with the age of the cell phone. Owning a wireless doorbell today offer many unique options, such as multiple door chimes, intercoms, cameras, and even smart phone compatibility.
It becomes apparent that there are a huge selection of wireless doorbells available on the market, so how do you choose the best wireless doorbell for your home or apartment? Lets find out…
Here are some of the top picks for choosing a wireless doorbell.
Lets start off with some important factors to consider
- Range – The range will be the distance between your doorbell button and the doorbell receiver/chime unit. Most people will place it directly on the other side of the wall that the button is on, just as with a wired doorbell. However, in order to take advantage of the new freedom you are allotted, you can now place the receiver unit anywhere you like (range limiting). When shopping, first determine the maximum distance you will want to place the receiver unit, and then reference the manufacturers range specs in order to verify that it complies with your range requirement.
- Chime options – If you’re one of those who will be going from a wired to a wireless doorbell, you will definitely be spoiled by the number of chime options you have. Wireless doorbells usually offer a number of chime options; ranging from a few, to over 40. More advance doorbells will allow you to upload a custom door chime, much as how you would customize your phone’s ringtone.
- Camera system: Why stop at intercom? What if you could actually see who is at the door. If the visitor does not use the intercom, this would be your only way of knowing who is at the door before opening it. Of course you could awkwardly peak through the peep hole and awkwardly show the top of your head from your door window. This, like the intercom system, is more of a luxury feature to make you feel safer. Its your home, and you should feel safe.
- Intercom system: Want to be able to hear whoever is at the door? Your visitor can speak into the intercom before your open the door, putting you more at ease. These systems are a little more pricey, but the comfort of knowing who’s at the door is always worth it.
- Does it make your eyes happy?: Again, this one goes without saying. Get a wireless doorbell that you won’t mind looking at.
The biggest tech giants, like Honeywell, GE, and Jensen are all jumping on the wireless doorbell bandwagon, and for good reason! As these tech giants compete, they must all put out a quality product to stay competitive…therefore you can trust that today’s wireless doorbells are reliable and long lasting.
With all of this quality competition, how do you choose the best wireless doorbell that is right for you? It all comes down to the options that these wireless doorbells offer. Some offer more types of chimes, while others may offer a longer range. It also depends on personal taste, such as styling. With most wireless doorbells on par with each other, styling is a huge factor in deciding. If I had to give a short answer I would say: “Choose whichever one looks best to you!”.
Benefits of Wireless Doorbells
For a long time, doorbells have required a wiring system. Wire had to be fed through the wall, and the doorbell system was permanently position wherever it was installed – unless, of course, the homeowner was willing to feed more wire through walls. That’s not the case anymore. New wireless doorbell systems solve many of the old problems associated with wired doorbells.
There are many benefits of wireless doorbells, but the three main perks to a wireless system are practicality, pricing, and improved range.
Wireless doorbells are far more practical than wired doorbells, simply because they can be installed or moved anywhere around the home and still work. No holes need to be drilled, no wires fed; simply install the button on your front door and place the doorbell anywhere within range.
Pricing is no longer an issue with wireless doorbells, either; they usually cost no more than traditional wired systems. Finally, there’s the range. When first introduced, wireless doorbells had a short functioning range but with advances in wireless technology, these doorbells will now work just about anywhere in the house.
Now that wireless doorbells no longer carry a hefty price tag, and their range can cover your entire home, choosing a doorbell has gotten a lot simpler. The only real question left is whether the doorbell might be moved in the future, or if it will stay in one place as long as you own your home. If you might have to move your doorbell, for any reason, a wireless doorbell system is probably your best bet.
The benefits of wireless doorbells make them a great choice for the money!
In the above table I mention a few wireless doorbells, and there is a reason why I put those particular doorbells front and center!
Firstly, I mentioned the Honeywell RCWL330A100/N P4 wireless doorbell.
Now before all of those fancy numbers confuse you, let me say that this is a simple, reliable right-to-the-point wireless doorbell. Still, this doorbell has many options that makes this wireless doorbell a favorable choice. One such option is the ability to choose between 6 different chimes. These make matching the sound of the doorbell to your home decor a breeze. It is not just the look of a doorbell that matters, but the sound as well! That is why we buy a doorbell right? Whichever chime sound you choose, you’ll be sure to get a high quality, mp3 quality sound.
The next one mentioned is also a Honeywell doorbell, but offers different styling. This is known as the Honeywell RCWL251A1005/N Many find that this doorbell is more versatile as far as matching with their home. It is subtle enough to match with any home and powerful enough to offer over 450 feet of range. This is also a brute simple of a wireless doorbell with 6 chime options. Have more entrances than one? You can also purchase an extra door button and have multiple buttons that trigger the door chime unit.
This is a classy doorbell and can fit into any wood decorated home. Its almost as if this doorbell belongs in a fancy hotel. This wireless doorbell also features 450+ feet of range, so go ahead and take this unit with you around the house, or when you are working in the garage or back yard.